We all want to always look good. But sometimes, those pesky little lines on your face make you look older and haggard. Good thing there are cosmetic treatments, such as Botox, that can help you bring back your youthful appearance by treating your crow’s feet, forehead furrows, frown lines, and skin bands. Below are some other pieces of information about Botox that you need to know:
- The medical name of Botox is Botulinum toxin. Produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum and other related species, Botulinum toxin is a neurotoxic protein. It is a safe, purified substance used in treating certain muscular conditions and in removing wrinkles by temporarily paralyzing muscles. The Botulinum toxin is being sold in the market under the names Botox, Vistabel, Dysport, Bocouture, Xeomin, and Myobloc.
- Botox is done using injections. A thin needle is needed in injecting small amounts of Botox into muscles. The goal is to block signals from the nerves to the muscles so that the muscles are weakened and don’t contract. The procedure relaxes and softens the wrinkles; it minimizes forehead lines, crow’s feet (lines around the eye) and frown lines. The bad news is that Botox doesn’t work on all kinds of wrinkles. If your wrinkles are caused by sun damage and/or gravity, the procedure is not for you.
- Anesthesia is not needed with Botox and the procedure takes only about 15 minutes. After the procedure, you can get back to your regular activities. Just always remember that you should not rub or massage the treated areas. If rubbed or massaged, the Botox may migrate to another area of your face that could lead to temporary facial drooping.
- Wait for a week to see Botox’s complete effect. Usually, results last at least 3 to 4 months.
- Botox is FDA-approved and is considered safe. Just like any other cosmetic procedures, there can be some risks with Botox. To be safe, make sure that the person administering your injections is a qualified healthcare professional. Also, you need to be certain that Botox is right for you before you dive in.
Click the link if you are searching for the best Botox in Dubai. Let us work for you. Our doctors and therapists are specializing in plastic surgery, endermologie cellulite and fat reduction, cosmetic dentistry, laser hair removal, microdermabrasion, skin peels, and other cosmetic aesthetics.
Contact our medical aesthetic and anti-aging center for your next Botox treatment in Dubai. Our staff is looking forward to adding your name to our long list of satisfied customers.